Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Stargazing the Night Sky


A restful feeling rose in me
When from my garden I did see-
The heavens with their hundred stars,
Like lights from far and distant cars.

They twinkled smilingly at me,
The moon laughing behind a tree.
The mighty king of the night sky,
The moon blessed the sleepers from high.

A silent wind began to blow:
I felt peace in my body flow.
Rose in my heart strange sensations,
As I watched the constellations.

The bliss of solitude I felt,
I found my troubles quickly melt,
As numerous stars met my gaze,
Blinking at me in different ways.

Then suddenly my li'l heart leapt-
For while others in their beds slept,
Up above there in the night sky
I had seen a meteor pass by!


                                                     --R. Ranjan

3 comments:

  1. Somehow I had maintained meter, syllables and rhyme very meticulously back then, when I wrote this piece. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rishabh
    When you wrote this poem, that time I didn't understand.Again I read today. It was sweet and meaningful poem.iam so proud of my adorable son. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete